Online sales for this performance time have ended.
Please call the box office at 239-597-1900.
LLL:Intercultural Journey Show
Saturday, March 9, 2013 2:00PM
WORLD PEACE THROUGH MUSIC
Bridging Cultural Divides
Saturday, March 9, 2:00 pm in the Daniels Pavilion
International Ensemble will present a concert of Klezmer and Jazz, Israeli folk music and spirituals.
Featured artists to include:
- "Vivaldi Gone Wild," a special Klezmer rendition. Vivaldi’s Two Cello Concerto in G minor—a collaboration with Naples Philharmonic musicians
- Bach’s Cello Suites
- Songs from Fragile by Sting
- Lamento Borincano by Puerto Rican musician Rafael Hernandez
- Longa Farahfaza by Egyptian artist Riad Al Sunbati
- Israeli Folk Songs
- Udi Bar-David, Intercultural Journeys Artistic Director, Philadelphia Orchestra cellist and one of the top versatile cellists in the world.
- Phyllis Chapell, named one of the top 500 jazz singers of all time.
- Margot Leverett, a leading clarinetist of the klezmer revival.
- Hafez El Ali Kotain, world-renowned Middle Eastern drummer.
- Dave Posmontier, Jazz and Klezmer Piano/Keyboard virtuoso.
- These artists will collaborate with members of the Naples Philharmonic Orchestra.
believes that performances are opportunities to play a small part in contributing to world peace when done for the purpose of bringing people together who might otherwise be in conflict.